- Economics - AGLS
- Economics - AGLS
- Phone 515-294-8960
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Philosophy, Iowa State University, 1991
Master of Science, Iowa State University, 1988
Agricultural Engineer (Rural Economics), Universidad de Buenos Aires, 1985
Agricultural Engineer (Agricultural Production), Universidad de Buenos Aires, 1984
- Marlin Cole Chair of International Agricultural Economics, Iowa State University, Present
- Outstanding Achievement in International Agriculture Award, Iowa State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, 2009.
- Outstanding Young Alumnus, Iowa State University Alumni Association, 1999.
- Associate Editor, Agricultural Economics (the journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists), 2015 – Present.
- Editorial Board Member, Applied Economics Perspectives and Policy, 2012 – Present.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 2008 – 2010.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Futures Markets, 2002 – 2007.
- Associate Editor, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2000 – 2003.
ECON 101L. Laboratory in Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 496. Travel Course – Comparative Marketing Analysis of Agricultural Products. Destinations: Argentina, Australia, France, and Spain
ECON 653. Financial Economics
GLOBE 495. Global Resource Systems Study Abroad Course Preparation
GLOBE 497. Deans Global Ag and Food Leadership Program. Destination: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy
Global Engagement and Research
Dr. Lence has led study-abroad programs to Argentina (SS 1999 & 2000; S 2006, 2009, 2012, & 2015), Spain/France (S 2003), Mexico (S 2004), Spain (S 2005, 2010, 2013, & 2013), Australia (S 2008, 2011, & 2014), and Italy (SS 2013 & 2015). Dr. Lence spent a sabbatical year (2000/01) working for the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization in Italy. Dr. Lence has been involved in research and consulting projects concerning agricultural markets and risk management in Argentina, Mexico, Ghana, and the European Union.